<<First Name>>, Please see this week’s update for Kent AC members – 28 March 2021<!–
KENT AC NEWS BULLETIN
28 March 2021
Time to return to the Ladywell Arena… The first Kent AC training session back at the Ladywell Arena will be on Tuesday 30 March. The track pass set-up used at the end of last year will be in use again, but the committee has decided to roll this single session in March into the track pass for April with no additional charge for it.
Steps to get back on track:
1) Make sure your membership has been renewed (see detail below) as you must be a paid up member to use the track
2) Purchase your monthly track pass in advance of the session here (both a monthly pass covering March and April sessions is available, as well as a yearly pass that will save you the admin if you would like to pay a single payment upfront for the year)
3) Sign up to the appropriate group and session using the links below, for more information about training groups see here
4) Upon arrival before your session, please show your Kent AC membership app, or a print out, at the gate
Despite the above being very track-focussed, we will be expanding our offering to properly cater for our field athletes. So stay tuned for more info very soon!
REMINDER – KENT AC SUBS
Have you paid yours? Membership renewal reminders have been sent out as usual in the hope that training and competition can return to some form of normality this year. Should this not prove to be the case then the committee will come to a collective decision on what action to take with regards to club subscriptions for the 2022/23 year.
When you pay your subscription, you’re also offered England Athletics Affiliation for a further £15.
FILMING AT LADYWELL
Tuesday 30th March
• The club is hosting a Junior Taster Saturday event on 22nd May at Ladywell Arena for 11–17-year-olds. Details to follow. To help promote the event to local schools and students we are producing a video. Paul Crompton is kindly making this happen for us.
• Set at Ladywell Arena on training night we see athletes of all ages and background taking part in a range of co-ordinated training sessions. From shotput to long jump, sprint training to middle distance running, with stretching and drills. Each group has a coach.
• If you plan to attend club training night on Tuesday 30th March and would prefer not to appearin the finished film, please contact.
Kent AC Summer Racing Calendar Here’s the link to the latest fixture list – everyone in the club can add races they come across to the list and we encourage you to do so!
Wimbledon 5k Relays Ben Noad is organising a follow up Wimbledon 5k relays in the same format as the event last October. Katie Rowland will be arranging the women’s team for this and James Bowler the men’s teams. This will be on Sunday 12 April. Ben is also organising a couple of fast road 5k races at Battersea Park on 7 May and 28 May, more details to follow, but please contact either James or Katie to express an interest in competing in the Wimbledon team event.
MAGIC MARATHON TRIALS
No doubt many of you will have watched the fantastic Olympic Marathon Trials held at Kew Gardens last Friday, as the brilliant Chris Thompson and Steph Davis ran away to victory. Special mention should also go to Nick Torry, who has represented the club several times as a 2nd claimer in the Surrey League. I’m sure Nick will be the first to admit that the race didn’t go completely to plan as he pulled out about half way through. Nonetheless special credit for making it to Olympic Trials as one of just 15 men toeing the start line.
A big welcome to new Kent AC members: Harry Forman Wilshaw Buzz Shephard
See you at a training session soon!
If you didn’t get round to listening to the most recent podcast, and need some inspiration for the upcoming summer season, check it out: it sets out everything to look forward to over the coming months. Listen in and to previous episodes on Spotify here.